Contemporary Crime in a Global Business Environment
The conference will concentrate on the issues of criminal law and procedure related to the global business environment. Facilitation of illegal immigration, trafficking of human beings, counterfeiting of goods with an impact on public health and safety, synthetic drugs production and polydrug trafficking in the EU, cybercrime and money laundering are indicated as key forms of serious and organized crime and high priority threats to EU, while environmental crime (illicit waste trafficking) and energy fraud are identified as rapidly emerging threats which need closer evaluation. The increase in volume, scope and financial damage combined with the asymmetric risk that characterises cybercrime has reached such levels that in some EU countries cybercrime may have surpassed traditional crime in terms of reporting.
Speakers are invited to share their opinions on whether and how countries and lawyers at national, regional and international level are prepared to successfully deal with the new threats, what problems arise and suggest the best possible solutions and to share good examples from their practices. These and other theoretical and practical issues related to the relevant intersections of the fields of crime and business are the focus of the upcoming conference.
Legal practitioners and scholars conducting research in the field of law (as well as in related interdisciplinary fields) are invited to participate in the event.
DATES AND VENUE
Date: 9th of June, 2017
Venue: S.Daukantas st.28, Kaunas, Lithuania.
Registration of participants: 9.30 – 10.00 a.m.
Opening of the conference: 10.00 a.m.
Closing of the conference: 16.00 p.m.
Oral or poster presentations are possible.
Oral presentations shall be 15 min. long.
English and Lithuanian
During the conference direct translation would be provided
Participants can use a PC and a multimedia projector (using PowerPoint). Presentations should be emailed to the organisers prior to the conference with the file name displaying the participant’s name and surname.
Submissions will be published in the journal Teisės apžvalga/ Law Review, so long as all such submissions meet all the requirements for publication as posted by the journal. Submitted papers are discussed and accepted for publication by the editorial committee in the order of their presentation. Please note that in no way does free publication incur an obligation on the part of the publishers to publish the papers.
The publication in the journal Teisės apžvalga [Law Review]
You can get more information about the journal at this website:
As an organiser of the conference, Vytautas Magnus University Faculty of Law assumes no responsibility whatsoever, direct or implied, for the contents of the papers as well as for the consequences arising from misinterpretation or unawareness of the requirements for participation. The fact that you have submitted a registration form for the conference means that you have read and agreed with the present conditions.
THE REGISTRATION (FOR SPEAKERS) INCLUDES
- Certificate for the participation
- Admission to all sessions of the conference
- The oral presentation of a paper
- Publication of a paper meeting the stated requirements, in the journal Teisės apžvalga [Law Review]
- A printed copy of the Conference Programme
- Coffee breaks
- Free participation in planned social events
- For oral presentations: submission deadline for the abstract is the 2nd of April, 2017. The length of the abstract: 500-1000 words.
- Final paper submission deadline is the 1st of May, 2017. Please send your papers, written according to the formatting requirements, for publication at these e-mail addresses: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be notified whether the paper is accepted for publication with an e-mail within four weeks after receiving the paper. If you should receive no reply, please contact the organisers by the e-mail or the phone provided at the end.
For more information:
Phone: +370-37-751044 E-mail: email@example.com Web: http://law.vdu.lt
 IOCTA, Internet Organized Crime Threat Assessment, p.7