VMU Invites You to a Student Conference “Freedom to Create 2023”
VMU invites you to participate in a student conference “Freedom to Create 2023” which will be held on April 28th, 2023. The conference will address the international Sustainable Development Goals set by the United Nations (UN). The conference will take place at the VMU Multifunctional Science and Studies Centre (V. Putvinskio g. 23, Kaunas).
Undergraduate, graduate and exchange students of all fields of study are invited to deliver their presentations, present their creative work and/or moderate one of the conference parallel sessions. Presentations can be made individually or in a group with other students.
Registration is open until 15 March. Registration form.
“Security and empowerment of communities, sustainable consumption and sustainability, reduction of social exclusion, well-being, and the fight against climate change are global challenges that will encourage our students to recognise the advantage of studies based on the principles of artes liberales in tackling complex problems. After all, such challenges can only be overcome through creativity, multifaceted approaches, as well as a broader view and assessment of the situation. This is exactly what we aim at by providing our students with individualised study options,” says Vilma Bijeikienė, VMU Vice-Rector for Communication.
The topics of the conference are in line with the UN Sustainable Development Goals:
- No Poverty
- Zero Hunger
- Good Health and Well-being
- Quality Education
- Gender Equality
- Clean Water and Sanitation
- Affordable and Clean Energy
- Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- Reduced Inequality
- Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Responsible Consumption and Production
- Climate Action
- Life Below Water
- Life on Land
- Peace and Justice Strong Institutions
- Partnerships to achieve the Goal
Types of Presentations and Time:
- Oral presentation (should not exceed 15 min.)
- Poster presentation
- Presentation of creative work (a performance with a presentation not exceeding 15 min., or an exhibition)
Conference Languages: Lithuanian, English and other languages taught at the university.
A presentation summary (200 to 250 words) in Lithuanian or English is required on the registration form.
Requirements for the Summary
The summary of the report must include:
- The scientific/practical problem of the report
- The aim of the presentation
- The claims made in the report and the arguments supporting them
- The main results of the research (insights from the report)
- Keywords (3-5 words)
- References (for scientific presentations only).
Authors of selected presentations will be notified by 7 April. Conference programme will be announced by 17 April.
The papers will be evaluated by the Conference Scientific Committee.
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org