Apply for Full-time Master’s Degree Studies Scholarships
Education Exchanges Support Foundation opened a call for applications for 100 Lithuanian state scholarships for full-time Master’s degree studies at Lithuanian higher education institutions for the year 2023.
Funding under the call will be provided to the citizens of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus (Citizens of Belarus must hold a valid residence permit in Lithuania), China, Georgia, Israel, Japan, South Korea, Moldova, Ukraine, and foreigners of Lithuanian origin from non-EU and EFTA countries.
Types of Scholarships:
- A monthly scholarship (490 Eur) and a grant covering the study cost is offered to citizens of: Ukraine, Belarus, Armenia, Georgia, foreign citizens of Lithuanian origin, Moldova, Azerbaijan.
- A monthly scholarship (490 Eur) is offered to citizens of China, Israel, Japan, South Korea.
What to study?
Choose one of these VMU programmes and get 1 extra point to your application:
Or apply for any other programme from our list of programmes taught in English language.
- Prepare all the required documents for admission at VMU
- Apply online for studies at VMU
- Get letter of acceptance
- Learn more about scholarhips requirements and application procedure
- Apply for the State scholarship
Scholarship application deadline is 22 May 2023. Hurry up and apply as soon as possible just to make sure that you will have time to prepare all the documents on time.
Have questions about admission to university? Feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Need more information about Scholarships? Please find it here or contact by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Transform4Europe Professional Development Training
The Transform4Europe alliance invites VMU employees to participate in professional development training webinars. The first webinars will be held on the 15th, 21st and 22nd of March. The webinars are dedicated to academic and non-academic staff.
The Transform4Europe Alliance has developed various innovative training materials as short online training units (webinars). The training sessions will be launched soon and will take place from March to June 2023. The webinars will cater to and foster various skills – Innovative Teaching, Intercultural Communication, Digital Storytelling, Time and Project Management, etc. – that may be of use for every academic or/and non-academic staff member from across the Alliance.
Apply Now: European Summer Course 2023
From 24 July until 2 August, students are invited to attend the European Summer Course 2023, which will take place in Germany. Registration deadline is 1 May.
It is possible to apply for scholarships, which consist of a travel subsidy and partial or full scholarships (including participation fees and accommodation costs). Preference will be given to participants applying from partner universities of the Transform4Europe Alliance.
It is also possible for VMU students to receive up to 600 euros of funding which covers such trips.
This year’s summer course will deal with:
- European Integration: Goals and political priorities of the EU
- Institutional set-up and legislation of the EU
- Data protection in the 21st century: New Technologies, New Challenges?
- The EU and the fight against the Corona pandemic: Trade Restrictions, Patent Protection and Solidarity
- Equality and Diversity as Human Rights
- The War in Ukraine
- EU Energy Security and Resilience
- The Future of the EU: Brexit, Regionalization and Euroscepticism
- European and international climate protection initiatives for a sustainable future
You will meet renowned international experts in European law, politics and economics. The lecturers are academics or practitioners and will give you an inside view of the EU.
Different teaching methods will be used such as:
- lectures and discussions
- professionally designed workshops and simulations
- field trips to Strasbourg, Luxembourg, Trier and Saarbrücken
Poster of event
Public lecture “Domestic violence and mediation from the Polish perspective”
Public lecture will take place at the VMU Faculty of Law (Jonavos st. 66 – 206, Kaunas) on 9 March at 6 pm.
Towards new study adventures: Erasmus+ application is in full swing
On February 21-23, VMU International Cooperation Department held a number of events for Erasmus Days’23.
We ensured our students had access to all the information they needed during the Erasmus Days regarding the study abroad programs we offer. Furthermore, during the Erasmus+ with the Cup of Coffee event, participating students got all the essential details about exchange opportunities during the consultation with coordinators. At the same time, they could enjoy a cup of tea or coffee in a friendly atmosphere.
During the Human Library event, students had a chance to meet and listen to the stories of their peers who took their opportunity and started their adventures with the Erasmus+ exchange programmes.
Our coordinators prepared online presentations about exchange opportunities, available countries, internships, and more for those who have yet to decide on their destination.
To add a bit of fun, we organized a Trivia night with the Erasmus+, where students could test their knowledge about the world and Erasmus+ exchange possibilities. 16 teams were participating and 3 of them were awarded. A team called “Viskas gerai” has won a first place.
Submit your Erasmus application on time!
Check five different options for international mobility:
More information about Erasmus Opportunities for Students
Career Opportunity for VMU Graduates at The European Patent Office
The European Patent Office (EPO), the second largest intergovernmental organization in Europe, is offering an international job opportunity to promising graduates of Vytautas Magnus University (VMU) who are eager to develop their careers and start their careers.
This program provides an opportunity to take the first steps toward a professional career and to gain valuable work experience in a multicultural environment, trying out a job profile related to Intellectual Property.
The program starts in September 2023 and lasts between 1 and 3 years, in different EPO headquarters in Munich, The Hague, Vienna, or Brussels. Participants can also earn between €2,000 – €3,000 per month.
By February 28th, the VMU must submit a list of recommended candidates, who will then be able to apply independently for the project positions by 15 March. Applicants can be bachelor’s or master’s graduates, as well as final-year bachelor students who will be holding their diplomas in September 2023.
If you would like to be shortlisted, please contact Monika Valentaitė, Head of the VMU Career Centre, as soon as possible, by February 28th, by email email@example.com, indicating your name, year of graduation, and email address.
The most important criteria for candidates are:
- recommendation from the University for high academic achievements, active participation in university activities, and/or high motivation to participate in the project;
- excellent knowledge of at least one of the following languages: English, French, German;
- citizenship of a country on the EPO list (the list of countries can be found here);
- no work experience in a specialized field (an advantage).
The project program offers opportunities for candidates in the following fields:
- Science and Engineering;
- Human Resources and Business Administration;
- International Relations and Communication;
- Information Technology;
- Economics and Finance;
More information about the project
PhD Students Are Invited to Transform4Europe Conference on Cities
Doctoral students are invited to register and present papers at the conference City – Liberty. Identity. Innovation, which will be held on 24–28 April at the University of Silecia (Katowice, Poland) by Transform4Europe. Registration of PhD students is open online until 13 March.
The city – place where democracy, philosophy and institutions of law were born. For centuries an island of freedom and self-government, a forum for dialogue, trade, where cultures meet. The heart of the university tradition, a source of ideas, innovation and development. Beginning in ancient Greece and Rome, through the free city of the feudal era and capitals of nationstates to cosmopolitan metropolises – cities have significantly shaped European identity. What is a city and what role does it have to play in the modern world? We would like to invite you to the discussion.
With experts of different nationalities and many disciplines we want to look at the phenomenon of the city from the historical, sociological, political, urban, environmental, cultural and other points of view. Thus “the city” will constitute a common platform for interdisciplinary deliberations on the role of urban centers, their specifics, perspectives and challenges they have faced and will facing in the 21st century.
The main fields of the conference:
- History and philosophy
- Law and local government
- Political and social sciences
- Culture and art
- Environment and innovation
Each Transform4Europe university will delegate 7 PhD students to the conference. A commission of experts established by VMU will select seven doctoral students of VMU who will participate in the event.
PhD students will be able to choose the most convenient way to travel to Poland and where to stay, but please note that travel costs cannot exceed EUR 380.00 and accommodation costs’ daily allowance is EUR 65.00.
Registration of PhD students
VMU Invites You to a Student Conference “Freedom to Create 2023”
VMU invites you to participate in a student conference “Freedom to Create 2023” which will be held on April 28th, 2023. The conference will address the international Sustainable Development Goals set by the United Nations (UN). The conference will take place at the VMU Multifunctional Science and Studies Centre (V. Putvinskio g. 23, Kaunas).
Undergraduate, graduate and exchange students of all fields of study are invited to deliver their presentations, present their creative work and/or moderate one of the conference parallel sessions. Presentations can be made individually or in a group with other students.
Registration is open until 15 March. Registration form.
“Security and empowerment of communities, sustainable consumption and sustainability, reduction of social exclusion, well-being, and the fight against climate change are global challenges that will encourage our students to recognise the advantage of studies based on the principles of artes liberales in tackling complex problems. After all, such challenges can only be overcome through creativity, multifaceted approaches, as well as a broader view and assessment of the situation. This is exactly what we aim at by providing our students with individualised study options,” says Vilma Bijeikienė, VMU Vice-Rector for Communication.
The topics of the conference are in line with the UN Sustainable Development Goals:
- No Poverty
- Zero Hunger
- Good Health and Well-being
- Quality Education
- Gender Equality
- Clean Water and Sanitation
- Affordable and Clean Energy
- Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- Reduced Inequality
- Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Responsible Consumption and Production
- Climate Action
- Life Below Water
- Life on Land
- Peace and Justice Strong Institutions
- Partnerships to achieve the Goal
Types of Presentations and Time:
- Oral presentation (should not exceed 15 min.)
- Poster presentation
- Presentation of creative work (a performance with a presentation not exceeding 15 min., or an exhibition)
Conference Languages: Lithuanian, English and other languages taught at the university.
A presentation summary (200 to 250 words) in Lithuanian or English is required on the registration form.
Requirements for the Summary
The summary of the report must include:
- The scientific/practical problem of the report
- The aim of the presentation
- The claims made in the report and the arguments supporting them
- The main results of the research (insights from the report)
- Keywords (3-5 words)
- References (for scientific presentations only).
Authors of selected presentations will be notified by 7 April. Conference programme will be announced by 17 April.
The papers will be evaluated by the Conference Scientific Committee.
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Moments from the 2022 Freedom to Create Conference.
Apply Now: Erasmus+ Studies in EU/EEA countries
VMU International Cooperation Department invites students to participate in the competition for ERASMUS+ STUDIES in EU/EEA countries for the Autumn or Spring semesters of the 2023/2024 academic year!
If you want to gain even more international study experience, improve your foreign language skills, become a VMU Ambassador and a part of even bigger international community, participate in the competition and fill in the online application form on https://epasirasymas.vdu.lt → Outgoing-Application for Erasmus Study Exchange (EU countries) until March 13th (23:59), 2023. For Music Academy students – until February 22nd (23:59), 2023.
Lists of the partner institutions: EVF / GMF / HMF / IF / KTF / MA / MF / PMDF / SMF / TF / ŠA / ŽŪA
Eligible applicants are all VMU students. Students with disabilities or special needs have an opportunity to receive additional funding.
The results of competition will be announced on March 23th (for Music Academy students – on February 27th) on VMU website. Each selected student will also be informed personally by e-mail.
Additional information about Erasmus+ studies, partnerships with Higher Education Institutions in foreign countries, criteria of the selection, scholarships, contacts:
- vdu.lt/en → Studies → Exchange studies → Erasmus+ exchange studies → Outgoing Erasmus+ exchange students → Studies in EU/EEA countries
- Individual consultations with International Programme’s Coordinators of the Faculties / Academies
- Students who are going to study at Transfrom4Europe alliance institutions (Saarland University; The Estonian Academy of Arts, University of Silesia in Katowice; Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski) will receive additional 240 EUR one-time scholarship.
Call for applications
Admission to Degree Studies
- June 1 – for applicants from non-EU/EFTA countries that do not have Lithuanian Embassies in their countries
- July 1 – for applicants that are not required to obtain a national visa for arrival to Lithuania, as well as for non-EU/EFTA applicants with Lithuanian Embassies in their home countries