Stefano A. Frosto Lyderystės stipendija
Definition of Leadership
Leadership is the ability to develop and communicate a vision, which is then realized by motivating, directing and participating with others to achieve the vision.
Characteristics of a Good Leader
The characteristics of a good leader include: visionary, inspiring, good communicator, courageous, decisive, proactive, resourceful, self-confident, good judgment, ethical, intelligent, fair, broad-minded, imaginative, practical, optimistic, hard-working, respectful, loyal, sense of humor, honest, dependable, high integrity and trustworthy.
Purpose of Award
The purpose of this award is to recognize a student who possesses the qualities of a good leader and has exhibited the ability and willingness to lead.
Amount of Award
The winner of this award will receive 400 € one time.
Students Eligible to Apply for Award
Only students who have graduated or will graduate from VMU Faculty of Law between July 1, 2014 and June 30, 2015 with a master’s degree will be eligible for this award. The winner of the award must intend to reside in Lithuania after graduation.
- Each candidate must prepare an application on the form provided. Application forms may be picked up at the VMU Faculty of Law after April 15, 2015. Application forms will also be available on the VMU Faculty of Law intranet. All applications should be prepared in English.
- Two written recommendations must be filed with the candidate’s application. Each recommendation must be received from a person who has personal knowledge of the candidate’s leadership skills, including, but not limited to, a professor, an employer, a coach, a public official or an officer in the police or military. Each affiant must be able to testify about the candidate’s leadership skills and provide a factual basis for the recommendation. Please prepare both recommendations in English or provide for English translations.
- The completed application form along with two (2) completed recommendation forms must be (a) returned to the VMU Faculty of Law on or before May 15, 2015; or (b) sent electronically toFrostolyderystesstipendija@gmail.com on or before May 15, 2015.
- The winner will be selected by Stephen A. Frost. The winner will be announced around May 31, 2015. The name of the winner will be posted on VMU Faculty of Law website and Facebook page.
- The winner shall be recognized at a rector council meeting.
- The award will be transferred to the winner electronically either through PayPal or in cash at the winner’s discretion. The award will be paid in Euros.
- If you have questions, contact Stephen A. Frost via email at Frostolyderystesstipendija@gmail.com.
No organization, company, city or country can develop, improve and grow without good leaders. In fact, the future of a republic depends upon the quality of its leaders. Although modest, this award is designed to recognize and encourage the leaders of tomorrow.